Whitewater Rafting Guide / Trip Leader (May-Sept 2019)
If you are looking for something a little different this summer, would like to work in the outdoors for a rafting company focused on providing outstanding guest service, are a team player with an outgoing personality, and have a sense of adventure then we would like to hear from you.
We are currently taking applications for the Whitewater Rafting Guide & Trip Leader positions to join our exciting and experienced team, and company rafting on a variety of rivers including the Horseshoe Canyon (Bow River) and Kananaskis river.
Job Duties - Specific Skills:
Escort and lead small groups on outdoor sport and recreational trips / programs, advise on safety, plan trips, practice low impact/no trace land use, attend to persons with special needs, provide outdoor, wilderness and wildlife instruction, enforce safety rules and regulations, and handle complaints.
Operate and maintain rafts, operate photographic and video equipment, operate communication (including emergency) devices, provide emergency or first aid assistance, maintain and repair equipment, train and supervise junior staff, keep logs and maintain records.
Prerequisites for employment:
- Minimum 3 - 5 years raft guide experience in paddle boats
- Professional River Outfitters Association of Alberta River Rafting Guides certificate or International/Provincial equivalent
- Completion of high school
- Minimum standard first aid (16hr course) and CPR certification
- Rescue 3 Swift Water Rescue Technician Level I or equivalent
- Alberta Class 5 Driving License (or equivalent) with a clean driving record
- Competent Class IV paddler / raft guide
- Trip Leading experience with small rafting groups is beneficial
- Raft Guide Instructor training experience would be beneficial
- Wilderness first aid (40hr-80hr course)
- Alberta Class 2 or 4 Driving License with a clean driving record
- Excellent hospitality, public relations and customer service skills
- Enthusiastic, reliable and outgoing person that loves the outdoors
Terms of Employment:
Seasonal position, Full Time, On Call, Weekend, Day
$18.25 to $20.00 hourly depending on experience, 40 - 44 Hours per week, Bonus, Gratuities
Anticipated Start Date:
1st May 2019
Anticipated End Date:
30th September 2019
Banff / Canmore / Kananaskis area, Kananaskis & Bow rivers, Alberta
Work Site Environment:
Outdoors, Wet/damp, In/on water
More information on our company and the positions we have available can be found on our website at http://chinookrafting.com/about-chinook/careers/
If interested please send your cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Unfortunately, only those applicants successful for an interview will be contacted.
Chinook River Sports Ltd operating as Chinook Rafting.
Box 308, 215 Banff Ave, Sundance Mall, Banff, Alberta, T1L 1E3.