Transportation Planning Coordinator
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School, Post-Secondary is an asset
Positions Available: 1
NOC Group: Supervisors, Recording, Distributing and Scheduling Occupations (1215)
7126 BROWN STREET
DELTA, British Columbia
V4G 1G8 Canada
AC Transport Ltd. is seeking an experienced and qualified Transportation Planning Coordinator for its extensive fleet. The Transportation Planning Coordinator is a key position which process information and instructions to co-ordinate the activities of vehicle operators, crews and equipment using computer based dispatch equipment.
· Establish daily route schedules and dispatching of transportation crews
· Order taking and data entry
· Liaison between fleet driver's and report ETA's to customers
· Troubleshoot and resolve work related customer complaints
· Plan, organize and oversee loading and delivery appointments and obtaining permits or insurance for fleets as needed.
· Prepare and submit fleet progress reports to Management and co-ordinate activities with other office staff.
· Coordinate, assign and oversee the work of supporting office staff in relation to Transportation Planning
· Assist sales department with queries related to sales/rate calls, billing and invoicing.
· Answering phone calls related to Transport Planning
· Customer Service
· Ability to Supervise 1-2 staff members
· Create Excel spreadsheets and adhoc reports for Management and external client groups
· Other duties may be assigned to meet operational requirements
· Problem Solving and Decision Making Skills
· Ability to work in a fast paced environment
· Detail Oriented
· Highly organized
· Ability to multi-task
· Customer Service Oriented
· Advanced Computer skills
· Some Supervisory Skills
Completion of Secondary School supplemented by post-secondary education is an asset. Preference will be given to candidates who have a minimum of 1 or more years’ experience in a similar role preferably within the Transportation/Logistics industry.
Applicants may be required to work a rotational schedule including early mornings, afternoons and or evening shifts which may include some weekends and statutory holidays.
Base hourly wage plus 4% vacation pay.
No phone enquires please. We thank all candidates for their interest however; only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
How to Apply: