Metast Resources Inc. is looking ot hire full time and permanent Tilesetter to join their Team at 22540 Gilley Rd, Richmond, BC, V6V 1E4
Position Available: 1
Job type: Full Time and permanent
Wage: $ 24.00/hour for 40 hours/week
Anticipated Start Date: As soon as possible
Location: Lower Mainland varying depending upon job site.
- Prepare, measure and mark surface to be covered
- Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets
- Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel
- Set tiles in position and apply pressure to affix tiles to base
- Align and straighten tile using levels, squares and straightedges
- Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools
- Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout
- Install tile strips
- Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs
- Mix, lay and polish terra surfaces
- Cut, polish and install marble and granite
- Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles
- May prepare cost estimates and orders.
Education: Completion of secondary school is required.
Work experience: Completion of a three- or four-year apprenticeship program or A combination of over three years of work experience in the trade and some high school, college or industry courses in tilesetting is usually required to be eligible for trade certification.
Essential Skills: Reading text, Problem solving, Decision making, Significant use of memory, Continuous learning.
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment, work under pressure, combination of crouching, bending, and standing.
Other: Candidate should be willing to work on all shifts (evenings & weekends). Candidates legally entitled to work in Canada can apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.