Job term: Full-time, contract
Salary range: $38,000 - $42,000 per year, prorated to contract duration
Contract duration: January 6, 2019 - July 10, 2019
Location: Toronto, ON
Application method: Cover letter and resume sent to email@example.com
Closing date: November 29, 2019
Interview dates: Online interviews: December 3-4, 2019.
Interviews and Office Experience: December 10-11, 2019
Desired experience: 1-2 years’ experience working in HR or related fields
Experience working in an education setting would be an asset
Proficient in Microsoft Excel and Google Suite
Overall, Canadian education is a success story. But high overall quality masks deep inequality. On First Nations reserves, 3 in 5 students do not complete high school. Small communities often face challenges recruiting and retaining teachers. And, too often, new teachers arrive in northern and Indigenous communities without the preparation and support they need to succeed—and stay—in the classroom.
Teach For Canada has joined northern First Nations in the movement to make education more equal. We are a non-profit organization that recruits, prepares, and supports outstanding certified teachers.
We dream big. Teach For Canada believes that committed, passionate teachers with strong leadership characteristics can ignite positive change. Our small, tightly knit team works hard to create meaningful impact. For the Teacher Selection Coordinator, this means working several weekends during the year. Work-life balance is a priority, and we provide lieu time off for high-intensity work periods.
If you prefer working alone, dislike uncertainty, and adhere to a very strict schedule, then Teach For Canada probably isn’t right for you. But if you’re looking for a fun, fast-paced, multi-faceted, energizing, and rewarding work environment that will push you every single day, then we want to hear from you.
The Teacher Selection Coordinator reports to the Teacher Selection Manager and supports the selection and matching processes within the Teacher Recruitment department. Specific responsibilities include:
· Pre-screen applicants to ensure they meet basic qualifications
· Evaluate written applications, resumes, and additional documents
· Send email notifications to applicants regarding their selection status
· Coordinate logistics for teacher interviews, including scheduling and follow-ups
· Support interview weekends, including catering, material preparation, and day-of support
· Book interviewers’ flights and accommodations and coordinate expense reimbursements
· Organize physical and digital rubrics as well as interview recordings
· Prepare offline matching database USBs to send to community partners
· Organize data in Salesforce, Google Calendar, YouCanBookMe, and Dropbox
· Maintain job postings on a variety of online job boards
· Perform other recruitment, selection and matching tasks as needed
· You are respectful of Indigenous cultures and histories: You have a deep respect for the history, culture, and goals of Indigenous communities in Canada. You care that goals are reached in the right way.
· You are detail oriented: You believe that if something is worth doing, it is worth doing right—every single time. You plan ahead and proactively solve challenges.
· You are tech savvy: You are proficient with Microsoft Excel and Google Suite and you learn new tech quickly. Experience with Salesforce and YouCanBookMe is a strong asset.
· You are a planner: You prioritize and plan to effectively meet competing deadlines.
· You communicate clearly: You write well and speak eloquently. You appreciate nuanced language that is inspirational and honest.
· You are curious: You enjoy learning about topics in depth and have wide-ranging interests. You demonstrate a growth mindset.
· You are a team player: You recognize the strengths of others, collaborate well, and seek feedback.
Please send one PDF file containing a resume and cover letter addressed to Katie Vander Wielen to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59pm Friday, November 29, 2019.
Teach For Canada is an equal opportunity employer. As an organization that works with First Nations, we value Indigenous perspectives in the workplace and strongly encourage Indigenous candidates to apply.