SUPERVISOR, TEXTING SERVICES (6 vacancies)
RATE OF PAY: $52 000 based on experience
Location: Work from home role
Permanent full time employee with benefits
Kids Help Phone is piloting a new 24/7 service providing support to youth through texting. The Supervisor, Texting Services at Kids Help Phone will recruit, train and provide real-time supervision of remotely located volunteer responders.
A key outcome of the role is to ensure that youth receive high quality support in a timely way and that all Key Performance Indicators (KPI) for texting services are met or exceeded. Candidates should expect to build community with volunteer responders within an online platform. This work involves a high volume of contacts and priorities that can change very quickly.
These roles will support 24/7 operations; however, incumbents will receive a steady shift over the 24/7 cycle.
This is a new service for Kids Help Phone and unique in Canada. Incumbents will be able to provide feedback into the development of this new service. Additionally, there will be some opportunities to promote this new service through public presentations or attending events. Some travel will be required for training.
Since this is a work from home role; candidates must have access to;
- Stable telephone and internet access.
- Work space that supports confidentiality and minimizes distractions.
Criteria that will be reviewed in the selection of candidates include:
- A Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology or other related field preferred
- At least 2 years of relevant experience such as helpline, mental health agency or crisis counselling related field
- Three (3) years of experience supervising employees or volunteers
- Experience working remotely and/or supervising a remote work force
- Organizational and administrative skills
- Communication skills and problem solving strategies
- Knowledge of laws and services affecting the lives of Canadian children and youth
- Flexibility and willingness to work in a 24/7 centre
- Experience working effectively with diverse populations
THE APPLICATION PROCESS
If you are inspired by helping to meet the quickly evolving needs of young people in Canada today and are ready to contribute to a dynamic organization dedicated to improving their mental health and well-being, please visit; https://workforcenow.adp.com/jobs/apply/posting.html?client=KIDSHELP&lang=en_ C A, open the posting and click the "Apply" button in the top right corner of the page. Please attach a single file with your resume and cover letter titled: lastname_firstname_supervisortexting.
This posting will close on Tuesday, August 01, 2017.
Kids Help Phone is a Canadian and world leader, known for our expertise and continuous innovation as Canada's only 24/7 professional counselling and information service for young people. Since 1989, we have offered kids, teens, and young adults a critical lifeline of hope and support through our free, anonymous service, which research shows significantly improves youth mental health.
For more information about Kids Help Phone, please visit our website at; http://org.kidshelpphone.ca/about-us/
Accredited member, Imagine Canada Standards Program.
Kids Help Phone is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. We welcome applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who respect and reflect the diversity of service users.