ABOUT BORGO ANTICO CUCINA BAR:
Our restaurant revolves around traditional Italian recipes in a warm inviting environment. Our menu offers a variety of sharable appetizers, home made pastas and local sources seafood and meat. We have a large selection of wines from around the globe served by the glass half litre and bottle, as well as an extensive classic cocktail and beer list.
Our focus is to make all of our guests feel at home while enjoying friends and family in a well rounded experience. Thank you for your support, we look forward to meeting you or having you join us again.
We are looking to hire an experienced SOUS-CHEF specializing in exquisite Italian cuisine for a full-time, permanent position in our downtown location. The ideal candidate would be knowledgeable in preparing Italian Traditional Dishes from various regions of Italy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Together with Head Chef and management, plan and prepare special events menu and recipes as per classic and trending Italian dishes;
· Run the kitchen in the absence of Head Chef and take charge of its operation;
· Coordinate kitchen activities, distribute food orders among cooks and chefs and supervise their completion;
· Oversee timely requisition and proper storage of kitchen supply, materials and food products in order to avoid order disruptions;
· Oversee timely order completion and compliance of high culinary standards and all health and safety regulations;
· Ensure smooth kitchen operation, safe and clean work environment;
· Develop, introduce new cooking techniques and perform training on their implementation to other staff;
· Prepare specialty food orders like antipasti (burrata, arancini, polpette, polenta fritte, etc.), meat and fish dishes, soups and side dishes, appetizers, etc.;
· Ensure timely requisition of kitchen supplies and fresh products for specialty menu items;
· Coach, train and supervise other kitchen staff on food preparation, cooking and meal presentation.
· High school diploma is mandatory;
· Post-secondary education (training/ certification/ diploma) in culinary studies, catering or hospitality is required;
· At least 3 years of experience as a cook or Sous-chef, including in the position of a saucier or entremetier;
· Sound knowledge and proved experience preparing Italian meat and fish dishes, pastas, antipasti, contorni, sauces and hors d’oeuvre;
· Acute flair with meat, fish ingredients, spices;
· Strong leadership skills to motivate your brigade of chefs;
· Great time and stress management skills and ability to work in high-pressure environment;
· Proved culinary contests awards would be considered as assets
COMPENSATION & CONDITIONS:
We are offering $17.50 per hour for a full-time 40-hour work week and can occasionally go up to 45 hours per week with special events (applicable overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week).
Be ready to work shifts consisting of mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Location: 266 Lakeshore Rd. East, Oakville ON, L6J 1J1
Please apply only if you meet the job requirements as only those who qualify will be contacted by the employer. Please ensure to bring all relevant references if selected for an interview. Apply by replying to this ad by email to email@example.com with your resume and cover letter.
Please visit our website at to know more about our menu and services.
Thank you for your interest in this position.