Second Cook (NOC 6322)
Fairmont Chateau Whistler, BC
- Salary $17.50 / Hour
- 20 Vacancies
- Terms of employment: Permanent, Full time 32 to 40 Hours / Week ; Part-time also available for those who require
- Start date: As soon as possible
- employee will be eligible to join the benefit plan, the first day of the month, following 3 months of full-time continuous employment. The benefit package applicable to the full-time position covers employee and dependants for the 100% employer paid Medical Service Plan of BC, Extended plan through Great West Life (Health, Dental, Life Insurance, Short Term Disability, Insurance and Accidental Death and Dismemberment).
- Education Assistance Program
- Fairmont Chateau Whistler Wellness Plan
- As of day one, employee is eligible to participate in the Retirement Savings Plan, employee assistance program, uniform, dry cleaning thereof, complimentary duty meal for every 5 hr+ shift, subsidized housing.
- After 6 months of full time employment employee will be eligible to participate in the Fairmont Pension Plan, where Fairmont matches the employee’s contributions
- Participation in the Destinations Program, offering discounted Fairmont Hotels Room Rates & Food & Beverage.
- Vacation pay will be accrued as per Provincial Legislation with the understanding that employees are required to take their annual vacation and shall not be paid in lieu thereof if not taken. Please note: Vacation requests will typically not be granted during peak season which is December 1 – March 31 and June 1 - September 30.
- Employment Conditions: Overtime, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Weekend.
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent experience
Experience: 2 years to less than 3 years of professional culinary experience
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Fast-paced environment; Frequent lifting and carrying up to 30lbs; Occasional kneeling, pushing, pulling; Work under pressure, Repetitive tasks, Constant standing and walking throughout shift; Overtime required, Physically demanding, Attention to detail; Occasional ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps
Work Location Information: Staff accommodation available for a fee.
Personal Suitability: Dependability, ability to focus attention on guest needs; remain calm and courteous at all times; Initiative, Team player – ability to work cohesively with fellow colleagues as part of a team with minimum supervision; Judgement; Excellent communication and organizational skills; Flexibility, Reliability; strong interpersonal and problem-solving abilities; Highly responsible and reliable; Ability to work well under pressure in a fast-paced environment.
Cook Categories: Second cook
Consistently offer professional, friendly and proactive guest service while supporting fellow colleagues;
Prepare, cook and service all food items for a la carte and or buffet menus or individual dishes according to hotel recipes and standards;
Follow kitchen policies, procedures and service standards and follow all safety and sanitation policies when handling food and beverage;
Have full knowledge of all menu’s items, daily features and promotions;
Ensure proper labeling, dating and storage of all items in the kitchen;
Ensure cleanliness & maintenance of work areas, utensils, and equipment and Control waste and spoilage;
Train and supervise junior staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food;
Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerance.
Other duties as assigned;
Work Setting: Restaurants, Hotel, resort.
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate, Safe Food Handling certificate and both can be completed upon the commencement of employment.
How to apply
By mail: 4599 Chateau Blvd, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B4
In person: 4599 Chateau Blvd, Whistler, BC, V0N 1B4 ,from 10:00 am to 05:00 pm.