4 Fast-Food Restaurant Managers Needed
A&W Restaurants in Victoria, BC is looking for four (4) permanent full-time Fast-Food Restaurant Managers to start immediately.
The successful candidate will be responsible for one of our A&W stores in Victoria, BC.
Our locations are: 432-1150 Douglas St., 1778 Old Island Highway, 3335 Douglas St., 860 Esquimalt Rd., 208-1644 Hillside Ave, 2430 Millstream Rd, FC7-3147 Douglas St., 3667 Shelbourne St., 3170 Tillicum Rd. Suite 135, 102-2945 Jacklin Rd.
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position. Work includes various shifts (Days, Evenings and Weekends).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the restaurant to ensure a good balance of the key goals of speed, quality, service, cleanliness and profit
- Maintains A&W standards and conducts Performance reports regularly; recognizes areas needing improvement and takes action where necessary
- Schedules staff to provide an excellent customer experience while meeting the restaurant’s labour cost goals
- Ensures equipment and facility are in good condition and arranges for all repairs
- Recruits and hires hourly staff to ensure the restaurant’s goals are met.
- In conjunction with the Area Manager makes decisions regarding the hiring and promotion of supervisors and Assistant Managers
- Trains and develops staff to ensure restaurant goals and standards are met.
- Confronts poor performance in a timely and appropriate manner
- Develops a healthy working climate through day to day behaviour and semi-annual climate meetings
- Ensures compliance with provincial employment standards, WCB and Health Board regulations
- Has knowledge of and administers all company Human Resource policies
- Ensures restaurant profitability by managing revenues and costs to levels agreed upon in the annual profit planning process
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly accounting is accurate and completed within the time allowed.
- Ensures compliance with all company cash management policies. Works quickly to resolve any cash problems
- Ensures that cleanliness standards and safe food handling practices are met.
- Handles all complaints and customer-involved incidents according to company policy and ensures staff are trained in service recovery
- Builds business and awareness through local store marketing and community involvement
- Minimum requirement - 3 years experience as a supervisor in the food service industry
- A minimum education level of high school graduation
- Must be fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership/supervisory experience
- Complete knowledge of food safe practices and requirements
- High interest in developing others
- Ability to do accounting and manage administrative aspects of the operation
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to do some heavy lifting
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Apply with resume via email to email@example.com (Subject Line or Email Body should include: Manager – Victoria) or submit by mail to corporate head office at 2739 30th Street, Vernon, BC, V1T 5C6. We encourage new immigrants, aboriginals and youth to apply for the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.