ABOUT THE OPPORTUNITY
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Recreation Bus Driver & Chaperone to join our dynamic and progressive team in Squamish, BC, in a permanent part-time position.
This position must be professionally prepared as a bus driver and must be able to meet the requirements of the BC Driver’s Licensing agency. The main job responsibilities are: 1) a reliable, courteous and safe passage, 2) an orderly and disciplined bus environment, 3) assists the events crew with facility set-up and tear down, and 4) coordinates fleet maintenance. This position is responsible for reliable transport, to and from recreational activities, social functions, youth field trips, etc; and required to stay onsite with groups, i.e. youth summer fun program to supervise/chaperone, etc. Ensures all Squamish Valley fleet vehicles are kept in safe and working conditions, via established process. This position may also drive for Education / other teams, based on service delivery needs. The incumbent is sensitive and mature with the ability to relate well to children, youth and elders.
Other responsibilities include:
- Transports passengers safely.
- Performs / completes pre and post trip duties as per ICBC regulations / established process.
- Performs minor routine engine and body maintenance on vehicle(s) driven.
- Liaises and interacts with guests/members during events.
- Provides support with children/youth/attendees on outings.
- Ensure SV fleet vehicles are maintained/serviced on a regular basis as per schedule, ie regular maintenance, warranty schedule, etc.
- Communicates maintenance/service requirements to other staff/drivers.
- Presents a responsible and professional image.
- Reports to Supervisor.Sets up and tears down for events as required and when scheduling permits.
- Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
- Participates as a member of the Recreation & Members with Disabilities and Squamish Valley Operations Teams.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
For the Recreation Bus Driver & Chaperone role, we are seeking a candidate with a Completion of Grade 10 plus valid BC Unrestricted Class 2 driver’s license. Plus a minimum of 3 years work experience in related/relevant driving position. May be willing to consider restricted Class 2/ Class 4 driver’s license, where incumbent will be required to obtain Unrestricted Class 2 within a set timeframe.
In addition, the ideal candidate will also have:
- Must provide recent Drivers Abstract.
- Special chaperone / responsible adult training will be required as career progresses.
- Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
- Valid Emergency First Aid & CPR Certificate or must obtain within a set timeframe.
- Must be able to work irregular shifts including evenings and weekends as required.
As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to bus maintenance, ICBC regulations, safe transportation, fleet coordination, dealing with children, etc. The successful candidate must also successfully complete a Criminal Records Vulnerable Sector Check. as per Squamish Nation Policy. The above requirement is what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.
please apply online on our website at : http://squamish.applynow.net.au/jobs/SN66-recreation-bus-driver-chaperone