PROCESS IMPROVEMENT COORDINATOR
The Process Improvement Coordinator is the champion and thought leader for influencing the continuous improvement culture and a culture of business agility across the plant production. This role is responsible for driving continuous improvement programs and end-to-end agile execution of projects and programs by engaging and working with employees at all levels of the organization. He/She must identify the issues related to process improvement; implement, adopt, and adapt to that change; and be successful in the change. Success is measured by the ability to actively engage teams to achieve measurable results and to educate and enroll others in waste elimination and continuous improvement.
· In partnership with Senior Leadership, define prioritized process improvement initiatives complete with actions plans, resource models, project milestones and success metrics.
· Manage the deployment and training of the production team on new projects.
· Develop new and maintain existing courses assigned to you
· Champion Lean Principles and practices across the organization fostering a deeper understanding and adoption of these core principles.
· Train and coach leaders and operations teams in the use of the Lean and Six Sigma methodologies (5S, PDCA, SDCA)
· Work with Organizational Managers and key stakeholders to design and develop best practices and processes that utilize resources across various value streams. Responsible for consistency and operation continuity of Lean Production Principles.
· Anticipate and plan for process integration initiatives that support the underlying business objectives. Creates process change by integrating new processes with existing ones and deploy these new improvements to the operations teams.
Facilitate teaching in both the classroom and production environments. Serve as a role model for excellent instructional training and development of these capabilities in others.
· A bachelor's degree in Engineering, Food Science or related field and three or more years of progressively responsible positions in a beef processing facility.
· Exceptional written and verbal skills
· Ability to understand and perform qualitative data analysis
· Outstanding interpersonal, teaching and leadership skills
· Role Model for change and a champion of lean production principles
· Ability to influence across departments and various levels of leadership
· Strong background in problem solving, planning and organization.
· Five or more years’ experience implementing process improvement projects and demonstrated hands on training delivery.
· Advanced knowledge in Microsoft Office applications including Power point and Excel (know how to use the functionality macros)
Lean and/or Six Sigma certification required( Green Belt or Black Belt ) at a level to successfully continue to advance the culture of continuous improvement
FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION
Earn competitive wage - $80,000 annually with a bonus potential.
Please note that Applicants will be asked to complete a pre-hire medical and drug and alcohol test. Any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing satisfactory completion of the medical and passing the drug and alcohol test.
Exceptional benefits include:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Subsidized Bus Transport | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
Apply on line to: http://jbssa.com/careers/opportunities/canada/
JBS Food Canada ULC PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Phone: 403-501-2223 Fax: 403 501 2239