Amberley Bacon Company Ltd. is a 1500 sow farrow to wean hog operation located in Goderich, Ontario. We currently have three job openings for Pork Production Technicians (NOC 8252) with at least 1 year experience in the field.
Employment type: Permanent, full time,40 hours a week (3 vacancies)
Work location: Laurier Line 86595 RR3, Goderich, Ontario N7A 3X9
Business address: 86297 Bluewater Highway RR3, Goderich, Ontario N7A 3X9
Salary/benefits: $16.00/h, Group Benefits after 3 months
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Pork Production Technician is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities at the hog farm. This position requires the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team to produce specific production goals.
The Pork Production Technician is expected to be able to demonstrate his/her capability to understand and perform the following technical functions:
· Works with the Farm Manager to achieve and exceed productivity requirements, including but not limited to: Health and Safety, Quality control, Animal Welfare, Maintenance, Ventilation and Bio-Security.
· Works with the Farm Manager to achieve excellent marketing results.
· Formulate feeding programs;
· Recognize and treat health problems in livestock;
· Maintain livestock performance records;
· Select livestock for sale;
· Follow safety and bio-security procedures;
· Work with boars in safely manner;
· Perform artificial insemination;
· Supervise general farm workers;
· Pressure washing and cleaning facilities between batches;
· General maintenance and repairs of buildings and site;
· Perform general farm duties such as but not limited to maintaining door charts, inventory trackers, ordering feed and medication, operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment.
· Excellent communicating skills; must have ability to speak, write and understand English;
· A minimum of one (1) year experience in the field;
· Completion of secondary school;
· Experienced with performing artificial insemination;
· Experience in catching sperm from boars is preferred;
· Excellent problem solving skills;
· Ability to work in a team, under pressure, handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously;
· Good work ethic and self-motivated.
· Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates may be required to be flexible with their hours of work
Please send a cover letter, resume and at least 2 relevant references to: email@example.com or by mail: 86297 Blue Water hwy, RR#3, Goderich, ON, N7A 3X9
We thank you for your interest in working with us, only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.