Crocus County Pork Ltd. is a 2700 sow farrow to wean hog operation located in the rural area of Cartwright, Manitoba. We have currently two job openings for Pork Production Technicians (NOC 8252) with at least 1 year experience in the field.
Employment type: Permanent, full time, 40 hours a week (2 vacancies)
Work location: Crocus Country Pork Ltd., SE 24-1-14W, RM of Cartwright, Manitoba, R0K 0L0
Business address: Crocus Country Pork Ltd., NW 17-1-15W, Box 5, Cartwright, MB, R0K 0L0
Salary/benefits: $16.00/hour. 10 days paid holidays. Extended medical and dental insurance.
Start date: As soon as possible.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Pork Production Technician is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities at the hog farm. This position requires the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team to produce specific production goals.
The Pork Production Technician is expected to be able to demonstrate his/her capability to understand and perform the following technical functions:
- Works with the Farm Manager to achieve and exceed productivity requirements, including but not limited to: Health and Safety, Quality control, Animal Welfare, Maintenance, Ventilation and Bio-Security.
- Works with the Farm Manager to achieve excellent marketing results.
- Formulate feeding programs;
- Recognize and treat health problems in livestock;
- Maintain livestock performance records;
- Select livestock for sale;
- Follow safety and bio-security procedures;
- Work with boars in safely manner;
- Perform artificial insemination;
- Perform general farm duties such as but not limited to maintaining door charts, inventory trackers, ordering feed and medication;
- Supervise general farm workers;
- Pressure washing and cleaning facilities between batches;
- General maintenance and repairs of buildings and site.
- Excellent communicating skills; must have ability to speak, write and understand English;
- A minimum of one (1) year experience in the field;
- Completion of secondary school;
- Experienced with performing artificial insemination;
- Experience in catching sperm from boars is preferred;
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously;
- Good work ethic and self-motivated.
Please send a cover letter, resume and at least two relevant references to: or fax: 204-529-2014 or by mail to Box 5, Cartwright, MB, R0K 0L0.
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.