Chinook Cardiology, located at 925 – 19th Street South Lethbridge, Alberta T1J 3H4 ( See www.chinookcardiology.com) is a Medical Clinic and Echocardiography Laboratory. We are currently seeking a full-time and permanent Medical Administrative Assistant/Clinical Assistant to join our team. In this role, you will be responsible for, but not limited to, booking, organizing, scheduling, collecting patient history, interacting with and assisting patients during clinical hours, and providing administrative support both to the Office Manager and Cardiologist. This mid-level position is ideal for those pursuing a challenging and rewarding career in the medical field.
· Interview patients to complete intake forms
· Answer calls when reception is not available
· Schedule medical appointments
· Order supplies
· Type doctors notes on our electronic information system
· Ability to adapt and work within a fast-paced environment, capable of completing many assignments;
· Oversee and co-ordinate office administrative procedures and review, evaluate and implement new procedures;
· Establish work priorities, delegate work to office support staff, and ensure deadlines are met and procedures are followed;
· Co-ordinate and plan for the intake of new clients that was referred to us by GPs;
· Conduct analyses and oversee administrative operations related to budgeting, contracting and project planning and management processes;
· Assist in preparation of operating budget and managing medical stock & inventory and pharmaceutical drug samples;
· Assemble data and prepare periodic and special reports, manuals and correspondence;
· May supervise records management technicians and related staff;
· Assist with implementing occupational health and safety legislation at our practice;
· Develop detailed officer procedures for referred patients;
· Ability to perform CPR on clients in the case of emergencies;
· Resolving emergency medical situations until paramedics arrive
· Grade 12 Education
· Understanding of relevant medical terminology related to cardiology
· Post high school as medical office assistant or medical education (such paramedic, nursing or related diploma or degree).
· Experience in healthcare; experience in managing or supervision of a clinic or medical facility;
· Demonstrate the ability to perform the abovementioned duties
· Superior attention to detail; ensuring clerical accuracy is met when recording information;
· Excellent communication, organisational, and interpersonal skills and work ethic;
· Willingness to learn, excel and achieve personal goals.
· Strong IT/computer skills, proficient in Microsoft Office applications; previous knowledge & use of EMR program would be an asset;
· Fluency in English required
· Understanding of Workplace Safety
· Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) or advanced CPR course.
· Basic Life Support (BLS) training
Wages and Benefits
$26 per hour with increases based on performance at discretion of the clinic management
Vison dental and prescription medication benefits after 90 days
Work cell phone plan at reduced rate
How to Apply
Compensation to commensurate with experience and qualifications. In addition, after successfully completing the probationary period of 90 days, the successful candidate will receive additional benefits including: a comprehensive insurance package and professional development allowance.
All qualified candidates are encouraged to apply. Please send cover letter, resume and 3 references in utmost confidence to email@example.com. We thank all applicants, however only those selected for interviews will be contacted. Please, no phone calls.