TRIUMF is Canada's national laboratory for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business. TRIUMF is as diverse in our areas of expertise, people, and cultures, as we are in our career opportunities, and we are constantly seeking dynamic team players who thrive on creativity, excellence in service, and a busy environment.
Central to the success of TRIUMF are a host of accelerators; a 500MeV high intensity H- cyclotron, room temperature heavy ion linear accelerators, a superconducting heavy ion linac and three small cyclotrons for industrial and medical applications. TRIUMF’s RF Department is responsible for maintaining and providing services for all the radio frequency systems associated with the TRIUMF accelerators. In support of the Department’s activities, we are currently recruiting a Mechanical RF Technician to fill a junior to intermediate level position. In this role you will provide hands-on mechanical support for the maintenance, repair, operation and upgrade of the SRF/RF Systems, and support for the SRF developments. Specifically
· Repair and maintenance of acceleration resonators, power couplers, waveguide systems, cryomodules, cryostats.
· Participation in manufacture, assembly, installation and testing
· Metal working as required, including cutting, drilling, bending, riveting, grinding and brazing a
The position will require you to successfully complete the TRIUMF in-house radiation safety training course and be designated as a TRIUMF Nuclear Energy Worker.
We encourage you to explore this opportunity further if you possess the following abilities, knowledge skills and training:
· good knowledge of mechanical assembly and mechanical design including the ability to follow mechanical drawings and procedures
· knowledge of RF techniques
· attention to detail, initiative and good judgment
· an ability to build effective working relationships and to work proactively and collegially in a team environment
· a Mechanical Technology diploma from a technical college or institute, or completion of recognized apprenticeship, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
· at least of 3 years of relevant and practical work experience.
TRIUMF offers a creative, diverse and inclusive team environment working with brilliant individuals. We are located in Pacific Spirit Park on the campus of the University of British Columbia in beautiful Vancouver, BC. On-site amenities include a café and secure bicycle storage.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package, a competitive starting salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high profile national research facility.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada on a permanent basis (Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident).
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
· Subject line: Competition 615
· Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Applications will be accepted until 2018-01-31