JBS Food Canada Inc. is one of the largest beef processors in Canada. We are currently recruiting Meat Cutters for our Brooks, Alberta facility which has the capacity to harvest more than 4,000 head of cattle per day.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for a variety of duties including:
· Debone around vertebrae/hip bone/chine bone/paddle bone/feather bones
· Remove fat and cartilage from tender/chuck/back strap
· Cut meat into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use, according to customers’ orders
· Clean meats to prepare for processing or cutting
· Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE, i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots, mesh safety equipment, etc) as provided by the Employer
· Working with animal blood and various parts/contents of a butchered animal
An ideal candidate will possess the following:
· High school Diploma
· Completion of a program in industrial meat cutting or 1 – 6 months experience as an industrial butcher or trimmer is required.
· Basic English skills
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads (40-60lbs.), Physically demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination, Standing for extended periods, Pushing, Pulling, Work under pressure, Tight deadlines, Fast-paced environment.
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Cold/refrigerated.
Earn Competitive Starting Wages of $15.70 - $21.55 as per Collective Agreement
Permanent Full Time Position, Shift
Number of Open Positions: 25
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Subsidized Bus Transport | Rosetta Stone Multi-Language Learning | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada Inc.
Mailing Address: PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Physical Location: 4km west of Brooks on Trans Canada Highway No.1