G. Thompson Livestock Company, located at Land Location: NW 31-11-19-W4, Iron Springs, Alberta, T0K 1G0, is seeking a Manager of Calf Operations to start as soon as possible.
Terms of Employment: Permanent, Full Time, Weekdays.
Salary: $21.35 to $22.60 Hourly, for 40 hours per week. Includes Extended Medical Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability Insurance, Life Insurance, AD&D, Dependent Life, Vacation Pay.
Location of Employment: Required to work on-site at NW 31-11-19-W4, in the Iron Springs, Alberta area. We are located in a rural area, so applicants must have their own reliable transportation.
Education: Completion of Secondary School
Experience: 1-2 years of related experience, bookkeeping experience for agricultural operations preferred
Type of Farm Operations: Livestock
Type of Livestock Specialization: Beef cattle
JOB SUMMARY: This position will be in charge of overseeing our calf operations, a segment that represents 25% of our total operations. The Manager of Calf Operations will track and organize our 60+ individual calf ranches, ensuring accurate reporting and record keeping. This position has a very high degree of administrative data entry work involved, where an attention to detail is required, and analytical and critical thinking are imperative.
1. Organizing and tracking 60+ individual calf ranches – data entry for tracking mortality rates, immunizations, feeding, etc.
2. Planning and scheduling of operations – data entry for recording production information and reporting, ordering of supplies such as medications, feed, and other inventory.
3. Lead commodity broker for the Contracts & Inventory Sourcing business units.
4. Commodity tracking, reconciling, and reporting – preparing support and shipping documents for exporting cattle; commodities include cattle, wheat, and corn silage.
5. Responsible for detailed monthly reconciliations.
6. Financial reporting on a weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual basis for operations.
7. Administrative tasks such as scanning, filing and answering phones.
Physical Capabilities: Repetitive Tasks, Sitting
Area of Specialization: Reports and Records, Contracts, Financial Statements, Invoices
Work Site Environment: Indoors – Agricultural operation
Transportation/Travel Information: Own transportation
Work Location Information: Rural area
Essential Skills: Organized, Judgement, Critical Thinking, Attention to Detail, Accurate
Business Equipment & Computer Applications: Word Processing Software, Database Software, Accounting Software, Spreadsheet, Internet
HOW TO APPLY:
By eMail: Brittany@gtlc-cattle.com
By Mail: Box 142 Iron Springs, AB, T0K 1G0
By Fax: (403) 738-4765