Misty Blue Transport Ltd. is looking for 4 long haul truck drivers.
Wages are $24 per hour and no of hours are 50 per week. 4 % vacation pay and overtime rate of $36 per hour after 50 hours.
Location 14859 71 Avenue Surrey B.C V3S 0X3
Terms : Permanent , Full -Time , Overtime , Weekend , Day , Night and Evening Shifts
Completion of secondary school is usually required. On-the-job training is provided. A Class 3 licence is required to drive straight trucks. A Class 1 licence is required to drive articulated trucks. Air brake endorsement (Z) is required for drivers who operate vehicles equipped with air brakes.
- Operate and drive straight or articulated trucks, weighing over 4600 kg with three or more axles, to transport goods and material to destinations
- Oversee all aspects of vehicles, such as condition of equipment, loading and unloading, and safety and security of cargo
- Perform pre-trip inspection of vehicle systems and equipment such as tires, lights, brakes and cold storage
- Perform emergency roadside repairs
- Obtain special permits and other documents required to transport cargo on international routes
- Record cargo information, distance travelled, fuel consumption and other information in log book or on on-board computer
- Communicate with dispatcher and other drivers using two-way radio, cellular telephone and on-board computer
- May drive as part of a two-person team or convoy
Security and safety requirements Basic Security clearance, criminal record check , driving record check ( abstract ), medical exam, drug test.
Transportation/ Travel Information - Willing to travel across provice of BC and to USA. Willing to travel day/evenign/night included travel on overnight routes. Willing to travel for extended periods of time.
Others: Candidates must be legally entitled to drive long haul trucks as an individual or two-person team.
How to apply:
Please email your resume at firstname.lastname@example.org .