Van Huigenbos Farms Ltd. is a commercial veal operation located in Fort Macleod, AB. They produce approx. 200 Holstein bull calves per week and are currently seeking a Livestock Raising Foreman/Woman (NOC 8252) (1 vacancy).
Employment type: Permanent, full time (40h/week) (1 vacancy)
Work Location: Van Huigenbos Farms Ltd., SE 21-9-26 W4, Fort Macleod, AB, T0L 0Z0
Business Address: Van Huigenbos Farms Ltd., P.O. Box 2517, Fort Macleod, AB T0L 0Z0
Salary/benefits: $25.00 per hour, 4% vacation payments.
Position Summary: Reporting to the farm owner, the Livestock Raising Foreman/Woman is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities on the veal farm and will supervise the work of general farm workers.
- Co-ordinate, assign and supervise the work of general farm workers;
- Supervise, monitor and enforce procedures to maintain animal health and welfare;
- Develop work schedules and establish procedures;
- Ensure farm safety and bio-security procedures are followed
- Formulate and carrying out feeding programs;
- Maintain livestock performance records;
- Recognize livestock health problems by “good eye”;
- Treat certain health problems in livestock;
- Handle sick livestock;
- Maintain quality control and production records
- Prepare veal calves for market
- Transport veal to market
- Perform general farm duties
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in raising young livestock is a must;
- Experience with veal production is preferred;
- Supervisory experience in raising livestock is preferred;
- Class 1 drivers’ licence would be preferred
- Successful completion of relevant post-secondary education is preferred.
- Ability to operate and maintain farm equipment is necessary.
- Team player: able to work independent as well as part of a team
- Ability to communicate in the English language.
Please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and two relevant references to Van Huigenbos Farms Ltd. by email: email@example.com or by mail to: P.O Box 2517 Fort Macleod A.B T0L 0Z0.
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.