Line Cook – Glowbal Restaurant
We are currently seeking 3 permanent full time Cooks for Glowbal Restaurant 590 Georgia Street, Vancouver, BC. The opportunity to grow and learn new skills in this position is excellent, as is cross training in various types of cuisine.
Glowbal Restaurant Group is one of Western Canada's fastest growing restaurant groups and has become one of the most successful restaurant companies in Vancouver. The group of eight brands include Glowbal, Coast, Italian Kitchen (Alberni Street and Park Royal), Trattoria (Kitsilano, Park Royal and Burnaby), Black + Blue, The Roof, The Fish Shack and Nosh (Burnaby and TELUS Garden). Immersing guests in an experience that is fresh and vibrant, with engaging service, impressive wine and cocktail lists, and some of the most inventive, celebrated cuisine in the Pacific Northwest, it is no wonder our restaurants are exactly where everyone wants to be.
Plan, prep, set up and provide quality service in all areas of food production for menu items and features, in accordance with appropriate safe food handling standards and plating guide specifications. Maintain organization, cleanliness and sanitation of work areas and equipment.
· FOODSAFE certified (within 2 weeks of employment)
· Registration in an apprenticeship program is an asset or Red Seal certified
· 2-3 years minimum experience in a similar environment
· Must possess a passion for food and developing knowledge of all cooking methods
· Ability to prioritize, organize and follow through as necessary
· A clear thinker, with the aptitude to remain calm and resolve problems using good judgment
· Capacity to work well under pressure, meeting production schedules and timelines for service periods
If you believe you are the person we are seeking, please send your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org noting Cook Glowbal– newcomerjobscanada.ca in the subject line. Rate of pay $13.50-16.00 per hour. Extended health after 18 months of employment. Three positions available.Thank you in advance for your interest in joining the team, but please note only successful candidates will be contacted.