Aquabatics Calgary Ltd is seeking a Lead Paddlesports Instructor (NOC 5254: Program Leaders and Instructors in Recreation, Sport and Fitness)
Aquabatics Calgary Ltd is one of Canada’s Leading Paddlesports Information Resources, Retail Stores and Education Providers. We strive to provide the best service, information, courses and products in the area of paddlesports.
WORK LOCATION: Various Training Locations in Calgary, British Columbia and Overseas
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Permanent, Full Time Position
AVAILABILITY: On call, Overtime, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night
ANTICIPATED START DATE: As Soon As Possible.
SECURITY AND SAFETY: Bondable and Driving Record Check
WORK CONDITIONS AND PHYSICAL CAPABILITIES: Bending, Crouching, heavy lifting and Kneeling
EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENT: 6 Years or More of Professional Related Experience
· Ability to work under pressure, instruct on whitewater kayaking up to Class IV whitewater, teach SUP and recreational kayaking.
· Knowledge and ability to assist in training employees in Aquabatics course progressions and company processes
· Strong organizational skills with good knowledge of Microsoft Suite, and the ability to travel frequently
· Extensive experience working with both youth and adults in the outdoors and in an on-water environment
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
· Provide Whitewater, Rec/Touring, SUP and Raft instructions ranging from Flatwater to Class IV Whitewater
· Assist the Director in putting work schedules together and ensuring that last minute changes are dealt with and communicated to staff
· In consultation with the Director, facilitate all on water staff training at the beginning of the season, and, as the season progresses, assist management in identifying areas of improvement for individual staff members and implement suitable training measures.
· In consultation with the management team, assist in the administration of Paddlesports Programs, including responding to emails, working on the website to ensure that correct information is available to our clients, making phone calls to provide clients with information on available courses, options etc
· During off season, assist the Director to write and edit Emergency Action Plans, Training Plans, Communication Plans and to provide administrative assistance during the winter operation and training on Avalanche safety, including providing information to other employees, as well as working on website to ensure correct information is available for the coming season
· During off season, be responsible in developing and growing the paddlesports education program by putting together series of presentations and attending networking events
· Be responsible for coordinating repairs and maintenance of all gear equipment in relation to rentals and paddlesports education programs
· Be responsible for ensuring that all required permits and paperwork are submitted and kept current
· Be responsible for planning and implementing a number of paddlesports events for the company.
· CKC L3/I3 certified (or international equivalent, NZOIA Kayak 1 or BCU Level 4 are examples of accepted certifications
· Paddle Canada Advanced SUP instructor or greater (or international equivalent, river instructor level would be a bonus)
· Any level of sea kayak/recreational kayak certifications are a benefit.
· 40 Hour Wilderness First Aid (80 hour preferred)
· Any general outdoor education diploma or degree is a benefit
· Courses or equivalent experience using Microsoft products also a bonus
SALARY: $21.00 Per Hour, 30 Hours/Week
BENEFITS: Guaranteed Base Salary, Occasional Evening Work Required with Payment of $21.25 Per Hour, 2 Weeks Paid Vacation in first year of employment and 3 Weeks of Paid Vacation in second year of Employment
HOW TO APPLY:
BY E-MAIL: firstname.lastname@example.org
BY FAX: 403-288-1824
FURTHER INFORMATION ON EMPLOYER:
BUSINESS ADDRESS: #300-8435 Bowfort Rd NW, Calgary, AB, T3B 2V2