Industrial Meat Cutter
JBS Food Canada ULC. is one of the largest beef processors in Canada. We are currently recruiting Industrial Meat Cutters
for our Brooks, Alberta facility which has the capacity to harvest more than 4,000 head of cattle per day.
As a member of the team you will be responsible for a variety of duties including:
- Cut beef or quarters of carcasses into primal cuts for further cutting, processing or packaging, De-bone meat, Cut
meat into specific cuts for institutional, commercial or other wholesale use
- Wearing Personal Protective Equipment (PPE, i.e. hard hat, safety glasses, steel toe boots, mesh safety equipment,
etc) as provided by the Employer
- Working in a variety of environments including wet, humid, cold, hot, inside or outside
- Working with animal blood and various parts/contents of a butchered animal
An ideal candidate will possess the following:
- High school Diploma
- Completion of a program in industrial meat cutting or 1 – 2 years’ experience as an industrial butcher or trimmer is
- Basic English skills
Work conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, Physical demanding, Manual dexterity, Attention to detail, Hand-eye co-ordination,
Standing for extended periods, Bending, Crouching, kneeling.
Type of equipment: Knives, Saws, Power cutting tools
Work Site Environment: Noisy, Odours, Hot, Cold/refrigerated.
Please note that Applicants may be subject to drug and alcohol testing. If an Applicant is requested to take a drug and alcohol test, any
offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing the drug and alcohol test.
Earn Competitive Starting Wages of $17.10 - $23.75, 40.00 Hours per week as per collective agreement
Permanent Full Time Position, Shift
Exceptional Benefits including:
Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance |
Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions |
Employer RRSP Contributions | Subsidized Bus Transport | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
JBS Food Canada ULC
Mailing Address: PO Box 1868 Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Physical Location: 193002A Range Road 150, Brooks, Alberta, T1R1C6
Telephone: 403-501-2223 Fax: 403-501-2239
Apply online: https://jbsfoodcanada.ca/careers/open-positions/