This senior level officer position is responsible for working one-on-one with clients to determine eligibility for Income Assistance. With an advanced knowledge of available funding, education and training sources (particularly those programs offered through the Employment Centre) this position assists clients to improve their financial and occupational situations. The incumbent is responsible for a complex caseload i.e. single parents, disability level 1 (PPMB), disability level 2 (PWD), etc. Acts as a right hand to Team Leader, assisting with scheduling and team training as necessary.
Typical Duties & Responsibilities:
· Receives income assistance applications, managing a complex caseload of 75-100 +/- clients.
· Approves applications and issues income assistance.
· Works in partnership with the Employment Centre.
· Interprets policy and procedures for clients.
· Helps clients with Medical Services Plan applications.
· Maintains records and files.
· Answers inquiries and complaints.
· Contributes to monitoring and controlling budget programs.
· Contributes to the development of long-range plans and goals for the Income Assistance Program.
· Adheres to workplace health & safety policies, safe work practices and procedures.
· Participates as a member of Education, Employment & Training and Income Assistance teams.
Education, Level of Experience & Hiring Requirements:
· Diploma OR Certificate in Social Services, Career Counselling, Business or relevant/related field from a recognized post-secondary institution.
· Plus 3 to 5 years (with Diploma) OR 5 to 7 years (with Certificate) of directly-related experience in the majority duties in job description including income/employment assistance programs, caseload management, client intake/assessments, forms management, administration/coordination, data entry, tracking numbers on spreadsheets, career counsellor, etc.
· As career progresses, incumbent will be required to successfully complete job-required, short-term upgrading, training and courses relating to income/employment assistance programs, caseload management, client intake/assessments, forms management, administration/coordination, etc.
· Experience as an intermediate level user of Internet, Microsoft Office Applications etc.
· Working experience with a large scale computerized database system. Experience with JD Edwards is an asset.
· Previous experience working in a First Nations Community (particularly Squamish) is preferred.
· Must successfully complete Criminal Records Vulnerable Sector Check as per Squamish Nation Policy.
· Grade 12 plus 8 to 10 years may substitute for the above education and experience.
A combination of education and relevant work experience may be considered for above education and experience.The above requirements are what Squamish Nation is seeking in the ideal incumbent at the time of posting and are subject to change, based on the needs of Squamish Nation.