Superior Weanlings Ltd. is a 2600 Sow - Farrowing hog operation located in the rural area of Birtle and close to St Lazare, Manitoba. We currently have job openings for three Hog Farm Workers (NOC 8431) to work in our hog barns.
Employment type: Permanent, full time (40h/wk), 3 positions
Work location: Superior Weanlings Ltd., NW 6-17-27 W, St Lazare, Manitoba, R0M 1Y0
Business address: Superior Weanlings Ltd., Box 188, Birtle, MB, R0M 0C0
Salary/benefits: $12.50/hour. 4% vacation pay. Extended medical group insurance.
Reporting to the Farm Manager, the Hog barn worker is responsible for carrying out the day-to-day activities in the hog barns. This position requires the ability to work independently, as well as part of a team.
- Feed hogs
- Clean stables, barns and barnyards
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
- Detect disease and health problems in hogs
- Moving sows to farrowing rooms
- Assist pork technicians
- Set and monitor water lines, air flow and temperature in barns
- Some experience in hog barns is an asset
- Some field related education is an asset
- Excellent communicating skills; must have ability to speak, write and understand English
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Ability to work in a team, under pressure, handle multiple priorities and complex tasks simultaneously;
- Good work ethic and self-motivated
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com or mail to: Superior Weanlings Ltd., Box 188, Birtle, MB, R0M 0C0
We thank you for your interest in working with us although only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.