GROUNDS MAINTENANCE SUPERVISOR
Company: 612645 Alberta Ltd. O/A CTC Golf and Turf
Our Company handles complex turf installation and renovations projects, golf course renovation and construction and specialty sports fields (golf courses, sports fields, parks, drainage, synthetic turf)
Business location: Suite 182 14-9977, 178 Street Edmonton AB T5T 6J6
Location of work: Different locations throughout Alberta including Edmonton, Fort McMurray, Calgary and other locations in BC or SK as contracted.
Type of Employment: Seasonal - Full time
Estimated Start Date: May 1st, 2018.
This is a seasonal position starting on May 1st ending October 31st (6 month duration)
· Plan and direct grounds maintenance tasks
· Organize and direct planting of trees, gardens and lawns
· Organize and direct construction of fences, decks and walls
· Plan, manage and supervise landscape construction work
· Supervise and co-ordinate the activities of workers who work in lawns, gardens, athletic fields, golf courses, parks and other landscaped areas
· Assist with tender bids on contracts for landscaping and grounds maintenance
· Establish work schedules and procedures
· Resolve work related problems and prepare and submit progress and other reports
· Requisition or order materials, equipment and supplies
· Repair and maintain equipment
· Hire, supervise and schedule staff
· Plan and estimate labour and materials required
· Maintain work records and logs
· Read blueprints and drawings and interpret contracts
-Language: English (spoken and read)
-Education: Completion of High School is required
-Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience as a landscaping and grounds maintenance labourer is required. In the event that a candidate does not have 2 years experience as a landscaping and grounds maintenance labourer, then specialized courses or industry related training and certification in landscaping and/or horticulture are required.
Experience reading/interpreting blue prints is required
Experience as a crew chief in golf construction bunker/drainage is an asset
Experience operating light/medium and heavy equipment and machinery is an asset
Experience using laser guided equipment is an asset
Experience using electronic measurement tools is an asset
Physically demanding position
Salary: $26.40 – 28.00 hourly, 40-60 Hours/ week Monday to Saturday.
Position requires extended work hours and flexibility in scheduling.
Benefits: Safety wear is provided
Work schedule will be Monday to Saturday, 7:00 AM to 6:00 PM, Sunday and long weekends off, 30 minute lunch break with 2 healthy breaks of 15 minutes. Hours of work may vary depending on weather, raining limits our normal schedule, employees will work a minimum of 30 hours per week regardless of weather conditions.
Apply by mail to: Suite 182 14-9977, 178 Street Edmonton AB T5T 6J6.
Apply by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply by fax: 780-484-5621