A&W Ad – Restaurant Managers – Summerland, BC
(Minimum required wage $18.75 /hour)
2 Fast-Food Restaurant Managers Needed
Starting salary of $18.75/hour plus Medical/Dental Benefit and free meals. In addition, up to 30% base salary bonus paid quarterly depending upon the restaurant’s results.
The successful candidate will be responsible for A&W store in Summerland, BC.
Our location is: 14404 Rosedale Ave #101, Summerland, BC.
Start Date of Employment: As soon as possible
Job Type: Full-time, permanent position. Work includes various shifts (Days, Evenings and Weekends).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the restaurant to ensure a good balance of the key goals of speed, quality, service, cleanliness and profit
- Maintains A&W standards and conducts Performance reports regularly; recognizes areas needing improvement and takes action where necessary
- Schedules staff to provide an excellent customer experience while meeting the restaurant’s labour cost goals
- Ensures equipment and facility are in good condition and arranges for all repairs
- Recruits and hires hourly staff to ensure the restaurant’s goals are met.
- In conjunction with the Area Manager makes decisions regarding the hiring and promotion of supervisors and Assistant Managers
- Trains and develops staff to ensure restaurant goals and standards are met.
- Confronts poor performance in a timely and appropriate manner
- Develops a healthy working climate through day to day behavior and semi-annual climate meetings
- Ensures compliance with provincial employment standards, WCB and Health Board regulations
- Has knowledge of and administers all company Human Resource policies
- Ensures restaurant profitability by managing revenues and costs to levels agreed upon in the annual profit planning process
- Ensures daily, weekly and monthly accounting is accurate and completed within the time allowed.
- Ensures compliance with all company cash management policies. Works quickly to resolve any cash problems
- Ensures that cleanliness standards and safe food handling practices are met.
- Handles all complaints and customer-involved incidents according to company policy and ensures staff are trained in service recovery
- Builds business and awareness through local store marketing and community involvement
- Minimum requirement - 3 years experience as a supervisor in the food service industry
- A minimum education level of high school graduation
- Must be fluent in English
- Strong interpersonal skills and proven leadership/supervisory experience
- Complete knowledge of food safe practices and requirements
- High interest in developing others
- Ability to do accounting and manage administrative aspects of the operation
- Ability to stand and walk for extended periods.
- Able to do some heavy lifting
- Must have a valid driver’s license
Apply with resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org (Subject Line or Email Body should include: Manager – Summerland) or submit by mail to corporate head office at 2739 30th Street, Vernon, BC, V1T 5C6. We encourage new immigrants, aboriginals and youth to apply f or the job. Only qualified applicants will be contacted for interviews.