Routledge Stock Farms Ltd. is a family run farm located in the rural area near Lenore, MB. Currently, we are farming with a custom feedlot with up to 1600 head of cattle, a 170 cow/calf operation and 2200 acres of grain. For the cattle side of the operation, we are currently recruiting for Farm Labourer (NOC 8431) (1 vacancy).
Employment type: Permanent, full time (35-40h/week) (1 vacancy)
Work Location: Routledge Stock Farms Ltd, NW 2-12-25 W, Lenore, MB, R0M 1E0
Business Address: Routledge Stock Farms Ltd, PO Box 956, Lenore, MB, R0M 1E0
Salary/benefits: $ 15.00 per hour, 4% vacation pay
Position Summary: Reporting to the farm owner, the Farm Labourer will be expected to contribute to the day-to-day operational activities and the wellbeing of the cattle in our feedlot and cow/calf operation.
• Feed and tend livestock using (industrial) farm machinery
• Remove cattle with low stress techniques
• Detect disease and health problems in livestock
• Follow bio-security procedures
• Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
• Assist with shipping, processing and other cattle duties
• Operate, maintain and repair farm machinery and equipment
• Field work regarding seeding and harvesting of crops used to feed the cattle
• Maintain, repair and clean buildings and pens
• Maintain roads and farmyards (mowing, grading, trimming, spraying, plow snow, etc)
• Keep records as directed
• At least 1-year relevant hands-on experience with beef cattle
• Have experience in the safe handling of livestock, including bulls and calving cows
• Completion of secondary school. Completion of agricultural post-secondary education would be asset
• Experienced with operating various farm machinery (among others front-end loader, bale shredder, seeder, combine);
• Ability to carry out maintenance and (minor) repairs on farm equipment is necessary
• Physical fitness to be able to lift up to 100lbs
• Class 1 drivers’ licence would be an asset
• Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates may be required to be flexible with their hours of work. Busier seasons (calving/seeding/harvest) will offset slower seasons.
• Able to communicate in the English language
Please apply by sending a cover letter, resume and relevant reference to Routledge Stock Farms Ltd by email: email@example.com or mail to Routledge Stock Farms Ltd, PO Box 956, Lenore, MB, R0M 1E0.
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.