Kanaweyimik is an independent, non-political child welfare agency providing child welfare and family services to five First Nations. Moosomin, Mosquito, Red Pheasant, Saulteaux & Sweetgrass First Nations contract for services with Kanaweyimik.
The following is a general description of a Family Service Worker (Social Worker) position. Salary will be commensurate with experience, training and education. This is a full-time, term position.
FAMILY SERVICE WORKER (SOCIAL WORKER)
2 FULL-TIME, PERMANENT POSITIONS
1 TERM POSITION (October 2017 to May 31, 2018)
· The Family Service Worker is directly responsible to the Supervisor and/or Executive Director;
· Manage a caseload in the area of child welfare and family support services;
· Intake services;
· Services to children-in-care;
· Community development;
· Services to families in need of support to prevent children coming-into-care;
· Maintain computerized data, case recordings, individual and family files, etc;
· Coordinate case planning sessions and monitor case plans to ensure families are receiving services;
· Child abuse investigations;
·Will comply with the provisions of the Kanaweyimik Personnel Manual as it exists from time to time.
· Must have a University Degree from a recognized School of Social Work;
· Must have at least 5 years experience and proven ability to work in the counselling and social services area with families and children;
· Must demonstrate knowledge of The Child & Family Services Act;
· Must have work experience assessing families and children;
· Must have work experience counselling families and children;
· Must demonstrate a clear understanding and knowledge of native family systems;
· Must demonstrate knowledge in the area of family violence dynamics;
· Must demonstrate knowledge of the effects of separation as it relates to placement of children;
· Knowledge of the Cree language is an asset;
· Computer skills are a position requirement;
· Excellent verbal, written and time management skills are required;
· A clear criminal records check MUST BE PRESENTED AT INTERVIEW;
· Must have a valid drivers licence.
Application deadline is October 31, 2017 at 5:00pm. Start date to be determined. Please forward resumes by fax, email or mail to: (306) 445-2533, firstname.lastname@example.org. Only successful applicants will be contacted for scheduled interviews. Recruitment process to continue until a successful candidate is selected.
Kanaweyimik Child & Family Services, Inc.
P.O. Box 1270
Attention: Marlene Bugler