Shiamak Davar International Inc. (Canada) located at 16 Yonge St, Toronto, ON M5E 2A1 is looking for 2 full time Dance Instructors. The position requires that the instructors teach at various locations as per the class schedule. These positions require physically fit individuals who have several years of experience in teaching Shiamak’s Bollywood Jazz™, Shiamak Style (Indo Contemporary), Shiamak’s Bollywood Workout, and Shiamak’s Yoga (Inner Dance Movement)exercise and dance. We require reliable, organized and detail-oriented instructors / performers / choreographers for these positions.
• Practice and rehearse dance routines under direction or instruction or by own self to achieve desired interpretation and presentation
• Perform dances as a soloist or as a member of a group before live audiences
• Perform at charitable events
• Set up times for rehearsals and advise dancers
• Train and exercise to maintain the required levels of ability and fitness
• Choreograph dance routines for students and own performances.
• Teach dance technique and artistic interpretation to amateur and professional individuals and groups
• Teach the techniques, cultural origins and symbolic meanings of Bollywood Dance
• Prepare dance students for auditions and performances.
• Determine and establish office procedures
• Greet visitors, ascertain nature of business and direct visitors to employer or appoint to appropriate person
Dance teachers normally work from within a dance studio or classroom setting. This may be in a children’s school, a specialized dance school or a privately hire studio. Hours vary according to the setting, with school classes taking place during the day and private classes in the evenings and at weekends. As a result, hours can be long with early starts and late finishes. Additional commitments, such as performances and one’s own training, add extra fatigue and mean that a dance teacher’s daily existence can be very tiring. With this amount of activity, injuries are common and must be dealt with immediately in order to minimize the impact on further learning and income.
Job Type: Full-time
• Wage offered is $25.00 per hour, 30 hrs per week. The employee will be entitled to 10 days’ paid vacation per year, medical insurance
Dance teacher / performer / choreographer must be highly experienced (several years of experience is required) in all aspects of dance - performance, choreography, body conditioning and training. For the teaching aspect of the job, must be experienced in working with groups of children, youth and adults.
• Must be experienced in teaching Shiamak’s Bollywood Jazz™, Shiamak Style (Indo Contemporary), Shiamak’s Bollywood Workout, and Shiamak’s Yoga (Inner Dance Movement)
• We thank all those interested, however only shortlisted and local candidates will be considered and/or contacted
If you are interested in becoming a part of our team, please send your resume and cover letter via email to email@example.com