Cooks Denny's Deerfoot Trail 8179 (NOC: 6242)
The Denny’s Restaurant located at 8001 - 11th Street SE, Calgary, AB, is recruiting for the positions of Full Time Cooks and will provide a variety of shifts to meet the needs of successful candidates. If you are currently working on developing a career in the Food and Hospitality Industry, come cook at Denny’s and get paid for building a great future. We accommodate students, families who need specialized hours to accommodate child care and those who are
working more than one job.
• Prepare, cook, and present food to order adhering to Company food preparation and timing standards.
• Cook complete meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner.
• Prepare meals according to a set menu and monitor the portions.
• Work with minimal supervision.
• Prepare meals for customers with food allergies.
• Supervise and train kitchen helpers and prepare work schedules.
• Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment.
• Work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, etc.).
• Clean the kitchen and inspect kitchen and food service areas.
• You must have 2 - 3 years cooking experience.
• Some high school preferred.
• Must be able to move up to 50 pounds.
• Must be able to observe and ensure product is prepared/presented to Company Standards.
• Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work area.
• Must have basic math skills including understanding of units of measure.
• You must be highly organized and able to multitask.
• You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods
• You must be able to read, write and communicate well in English.
• One on one training will be provided to all successful applicants.
• We provide an intensive, comprehensive and excellent Cook’s Training Program for all newly hired cooks at Denny’s, even those with extensive experience.
Wages: $14.00 - $16.75 per hour for a 35 hour week.
• Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care provided for Full Time Employment Only
• Meals allowance provided.
• Uniforms provided free for all Cooks.
• Discounted stays at all Sandman Hotels for employees, their friends and family.
• Vacation pay is paid in accordance with Provincial Labour Standards.
If this sounds like the job for you and an opportunity to build a great future in Hospitality, please send us your resume
How To Apply:
8001-11th Street SE
Calgary, AB, T2H0B8