Cooks Denny's Coquitlam 7772 (NOC 6322)
Salary: $14.00 to $16.00/Hourly
Job Type: Full-Time, Permanent
Start Date of Employment (Approx.): As soon as possible
Minimum Education: High School
Positions Available: 4
NOC Group: Cooks (6322)
NOC Job Title: Restaurant CookJob Location(s)
The Denny’s Restaurant located at 500 Austin Ave, Coquitlam, BC, is recruiting for the positions of FULL TIME COOKS and will provide a variety of shifts to meet the needs of successful candidates. If you are currently working on developing a career in the Food and Hospitality Industry, come cook at Denny’s and get paid for building a great future. We accommodate students, families who need specialized hours to accommodate child care and those who are working more than one job
- Prepare, cook, and present food to order adhering to Company food preparation and timing standards.
- • The job requires stocking and rotating foods in kitchen storage areas cleaning,
- • Stocking and rotating food in fridges and freezers in consideration of shelf dates
- • Maintaining product storage in a safe and efficient manner for use (by shelf dates).
- Maintaining food safety and following food safe procedures,
- Adhering to recipes, portion sizes and plate presentation to meet the Brand Standards.
- Presenting food to servers in a timely manner while maintaining a very high quality product to the customer maintaining compliance with Company Standards.
- The kitchen environment is the responsibility of the Cook and the Cook’s Team to maintain high sanitation, cleanliness and safety standards.
- Complete assigned “prep work” as needed.
- Assist Service Assistants periodically when possible.
- Some high school preffered.
- You must have 2-3 years cooking experience.
- Must be able to move up to 50 pounds.
- Must be able to observe and ensure product is prepared/presented to Company Standards.
- Must have sufficient mobility to move and/or operate in work area.
- Must have basic math skills including understanding of units of measure.
- You must be highly organized and able to multitask.
- You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods
- You must be able to read, write and communicate well in English.
- One on one training will be provided to all successful applicants.
- We provide an intensive, comprehensive and excellent Cook’s Training Program for all newly hired cooks at Denny’s, even those with extensive experience.
Wages: $14.00 to $16.00 per hour for 35 hours per week (Dependent upon qualifications and experience)
- Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care provided for FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT ONLY.
- Uniforms and meal allowance.
- Discounted stays at all Sandman Hotels for employees, their friends and family.
- Vacation pay is paid in accordance with Provincial Labour Standards.