Cook Denny's Saskatoon 7418 (NOC:6322)
$ 13.00 - $16.00 per Hour dependent upon experience
Length of Employment:
Com pleted at least some secondary school
The Denny's Restaurant located at 310 Circle Drive West,Saskatoon, SK, is recruiting for the positions of FULL TIME COOKS and will provide a variety of shifts to meet the needs of successful candidates.
Prepare, cook, and present food to order adhering to Company food preparation and timing standards.
Stocking and rotating food in fridges and freezers in consideration of shelf dates
Maintaining food safety and following food safe procedures,Adhering to recipes, portion sizes and plate presentation to meet the Brand Standards.
The kitchen environment is the responsibility of the Cook and the Cooks Team to maintain high sanitation,
cleanliness and safety standards.
Complete assigned prep work as needed.
You must have 2-3 years cooking experience.
Grade 12 required
Must be able to move up to 50 pounds.
You must be able to perform efficiently during high volume peak periods
You must be able to read, write and communicate well in English.
Wages : $13.00 - $16.00 per hour for a 35 hour week.
Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care provided for FULL TIME EMPLOYMENT ONLY.
Meals allowance provided.
Uniforms provided free for all Cooks.
Discounted stays at all Sandman Hotels for employees, their friends and family.
Vacation pay is paid in accordance with Provincial Labour Standards.
If this sounds like the job for you and an opportunity to build a great future in Hospitality, please send us your resume.
Skills and Abilities:
- Public transportation is available
- Significant use of memory
- Continuous learning
- Computer use
- Finding information
- Job task planning and organizing
- Critical thinking
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Working with others
- Oral communication
- Document use
- Reading text
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, etc.)
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerance
- Prepare and cook individual dishes and foods
- Prepare and cook full course meals
- Work with minimal supervision
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Order supplies and equipment
- Schedule staff
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Line cook
- Short order cook
- Cook (general)
Types of Meals/Food Prepared:
- Full course meals
- All meals
- Short orders
Food Preparation Specializations:
- Cereals, grains and pulses
- Cold kitchen (salads, appetizers, sandwiches)
- Eggs and dairy
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
Work Location Information:
- Urban area
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.):
- Not required
How To Apply:
310 Circle Drive West, Saskatoon SK S7L 2Y5