Cook Denny's Idylwyld 8640 (NOC 6322)
$13.50-$16.00 Per Hour for 35.00 hours per week
Length Of Employment:
Completed atleast some secondary school
3850 Idylwyld Drive N, Saskatoon, SK
The Dennys Restaurant located at 3850 Idylwyld Drive N, Saskatoon, SK, is recruiting for the positions of 4 full time Cooks, and will provide a variety of shifts to meet the needs of successful candidates.
Stocking fridges and freezers.
Maintaining product storage in a safe and efficient manner.
Maintaining food safety and following food safe procedures.
Adhering to recipes, portion sizes and plate presentation to meet the Brand Standards.
Presenting food to servers in a timely manner while maintaining a very high quality product to the customer.
The kitchen is the responsibility of the Cook & the Cooks Team to maintain high sanitation and safety standards.
Qualification s/ Requirements:
You must have a minimum of 2-3 years cooking experience.
You must be able to follow menu preparation plate presentation and portion size.
Cook complete meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner from menu selections.
Occasionally prepare special meals for customers with food allergies or food restrictions.
Supervise kitchen helpers.
Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment and order supplies.
You must be highly organized, able to multitask.
and be able to perform efficiently during high volume periods
You must be able to read, write and communicate well in English.
Compens ati on/Benefits:
Wages are $13.50 $16.00 per Hour for a 35 hour week. (Dependent upon qualifications and experience)
Benefits:Full Time Employment Only: Group Life Insurance, Extended Health, Dental and Vision Care.
Denny's will provide you with your uniforms, and you will receive a meal allowance.
All employees are eligible for discounted stays at Sandman for self, friends and family (based on availability)
Vacation pay is paid in accordance with Provincial Labour Standards.
Skills And Abilities:
Public transportation is available
- Continuous learning
- Working with others
- Clean kitchen and work areas
- Work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, etc.)
- Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
- Prepare and cook full course meals
- Work with minimal supervision
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions
- Estimate food requirements and costs
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas
- Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Order supplies and equipment
- Schedule staff
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Line cook
- Short order cook
- Cook (general)
Types of Meals/Food Prepared:
- Full course meals
- All meals
- Short orders
Food Preparation Specializations:
- Cereals, grains and pulses
- Cold kitchen (salads, appetizers, sandwiches)
- Eggs and dairy
- Stocks, soups and sauces
- Vegetables, fruits, nuts and mushrooms
Work Location Information:
- Urban area
Credentials (certificates,licences,memberships,cours es etc.):
How To Apply:
3850 Idylwyld Drive N