Yinka Dene Economic Development
Yinka Dene Economic Development Limited Partnership (YLP) is the corporate business arm for the Wet'suwet'en First Nation (WFN). Under the authority of the YLP Board of Directors, YLP's role is to manage all of the Nations for profit business ventures and employment and training matters related to the economic development projects and other opportunities.
YLP is seeking a strategic and insightful Chief Financial Officer (CFO) with proven financial, strategic and operational leadership experience to lead and oversee all financial activities of the company. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer and work in tandem with Chief Operating Officer, as CFO you will advise the senior management team to ensure the financial success of the company and achievement of its financial targets.
In addition to general office duties, responsibilities will include, but will not be limited to the following:
· Create, coordinate, and evaluate the financing programs of the company to include budgeting, tax planning, and conservation of assets.
· Ensure record systems are maintained in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards
· Analyze cash flow, cost controls, and expenses to guide senior management. Establish and implement short and long range departmental goals, objectives, policies, and operating procedures
· Oversee budgeting and the implementation of budgets so as to monitor progress and present financial metrics both internally and externally
· Lead all other financial activities of the company, including cash/debt management, insurance, risk assessment and controls, taxation, internal/external audit review, capital/project spending, and payroll matters.
· Support business and senior management by providing financial analysis with insightful output that drives sound decision-making.
· Performs other responsibilities as necessary
· Minimum of 5 + years of experience in senior financial position (supervisory experience), CGA preferred
· Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
· Excellent interpersonal skills and an ability to communicate clearly and efficiently;
· An entrepreneurial and business development mindset;
· Strong analytical and organizational skills and experience creating and maintaining filing systems;
· Proven experience in contracting and negotiating
· Ability/willingness to travel
Competitive Salary Plus Benefits: Commensurate with experience
To apply, submit resume, cover letter and three references by:
November 3, 2017 4 PM
To the attention of: Reg Ogen, President
Yinka Dene Economic Development Limited Partnership
P.O. Box 245
Burns Lake, BC V0J 1E0
Email: email@example.com Fax: (250) 698-7480
While we thank all applicants, however, only those shortlisted will be contacted.