Employer Name: The Firangi by Host
Position: Chef-Ethnic foods
Duration: Full Time
Location: 2880 Queen Street, Brampton, ON L6S 6H4
Salary: $16.50 to $18.50 per hour; The gross salary paid is subject to all applicable Federal and Provincial income taxes and other statutory deductions.
Other benefits: None; Other than normal employer EI and CPP contributions
Vacation: 4% of the gross salary
Hours of Work: 35.0-40.0 Hours a week.
Essential Functions / Major Responsibilities
- Plan and direct food preparation and cooking activities of the restaurant
- Prepare and cook Indian, Pakistani foods for dine in, catering and parties
- Supervise and instruct cooks in preparation, cooking, garnishing and presentation of food
- Plan menus, create new recipes and train cooks in preparing them
- Maintain records of food costs, consumption, sales and inventory
- Analyze operating costs and other data
- Requisition food and kitchen supplies
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas and ensure that all ingredients & kitchen adhere to our safety standards and health standards.
- Estimate food requirements and costs and ensure there are adequate supplies for the forthcoming events
Specific Job Requirements
- Minimum 1-year experience as an Ethnic Foods Cook/Chef (Indian & Pakistani foods)
- Completion of Secondary School is required
- Demonstration and experience of use of standard concepts and practices in handling/rotating food supplies
How to Apply:
By email to: email@example.com