BUSINESS MANAGEMENT ANALYST
NOC CODE 1122
PROFESSIONAL OCCUPATIONS IN BUSINESS MANAGEMENT CONSULTING
JBS Food Canada ULC is one of the largest beef processors in Canada with the capacity to harvest more than 4,000 head of cattle per day at our Brooks, Alberta facility. We are currently recruiting a Business Analyst to join our Operations team based out of our head office in Calgary, Alberta, however, the successful candidate will be required to split his/her time between both the Calgary head office as well as the Brooks Processing facility, located in Brooks, Alberta
The successful candidate will possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities:
· Master’s degree required in related field;
· 3 years to less than 5 years of associated work experience in Process Improvement and Lean Manufacturing
· 3 years to less than 5 years of recent experience in the Beef Processing Industry in a business analyst role.
· Strong understanding of systems engineering concepts
· Demonstrated ability to conduct and optimize cost/benefit analysis
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills with high attention to detail;
· Ability to think ahead and anticipate issues before they arise;
· Ability to apply best practices for effective communication and problem solving;
· Fluency in a second language is preferred;
· Excellent written and verbal communication, including technical writing skills
· Self-directed, has initiative and a strong multi-tasking ability;
· Advanced expertise using QlikView and Microsoft Excel is highly preferred.
· Must be able to travel domestically and internationally
· Must have a valid driver’s license.
· Implement comprehensive management plans for day to day management of multiple projects, holding regular meetings to support and hold participants accountable and senior management informed of project progress.
· Monitor the development and progress of projects by tracking activity, resolving problems, identify and evaluate potential opportunities and recommending actions to improve;
· Provide analytical support in areas such as market research, raw material markets, and industry trends and compile analysis reports for senior management review.
· Develop and manage trend research projects and analysis to understand logistical and business nuances;
· Prepare technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends for presentation to senior management.
· Assess, research and propose improvements to existing systems and procedures in operations and plant facilities.
· Master strategic business process modeling, traceability and quality management techniques
· Continually pursue ways to improve monitoring, identify issues and recommend actions to improve value to the customer.
· Work with a high sense of urgency and the ability to swiftly and accurately respond to ad-hoc requests, while prioritizing to meet deadlines;
FULL TIME PERMANENT POSITION
Earn competitive wage $85,000 CAD Annually
Please note that Applicants will be asked to complete a pre-hire medical and drug and alcohol test. Any offer of employment to the Applicant will be conditional upon passing satisfactory completion of the medical and passing the drug and alcohol test. A Criminal Record check will also be performed upon meeting all hiring criteria.
Exceptional benefits include:
Bonus | Competitive Wage | Relocation Assistance | Extended Health/Medical Benefit | Group Life & Accidental Death Insurance | Long Term Disability | Vision/Dental Care | Employee Beef Purchasing Program | Voluntary Employee RRSP Contributions | Employer RRSP Contributions | Medical Clinic on-site | Career Growth and Continued Training
Apply on line to: http://jbssa.com/careers/opportunities/canada/
JBS Food Canada ULC PO Box 1868, 193002A Range Road 150, Brooks AB T1R 1C6
Phone: 403-501-2223 Fax: 403 501 2239
JBS has been in the animal protein and food production business for over 50 years and is proud to be the largest protein processor in the World. Our long-term commitment is to improve our business globally for many years to come.
We focus on the fundamentals of training our staff, improving our communities, playing the role of forward-looking, conscious corporate citizens, and being responsible stewards of the land and natural resources on which our business depends.
At JBS, we are committed to all of our employees, their families and communities. Our efforts are toward preserving jobs and enhancing our role in the community. We consider employees to be our most important asset. We seek to hire highly-qualified people who have the passion to succeed and are committed to doing their best while continually wanting to learn and grow.
"To be the best at what we set out to do, totally focused on our business, ensuring the best products and services for our customers, solidity for our suppliers, satisfactory profitability for our shareholders and the certainty of a better future for all our employees."