Job Position: Business Development Officer (4163)
Location: Abbotsford, B.C
Vacancy: One (1)
Terms of employment: Permanent Full-Time
Start date: As soon as possible
Employment conditions: Days Flexible Hours
Education: Associate/College Diploma
Experience: (2 to 3 years of experience)
The Business Development Officer prospects new business opportunities within a defined jurisdiction. The employee will be responsible for initial market research within business sector, and a multi-pronged outreach approach with the goal of establishing new business leads to enhance the market share.
The Business Development Officer position is an entry-level business development position which acts as primary contact for prospective clients targeted by the organization. The employee will conduct the following responsibilities:
1. Utilize professional communication, research and qualifying skills to generate contact information and maintain a database of new potential clients in Excel form, within equivalent electronic record.
2. Identify and Prospect identified potential clients via cold-call or email outreach methodologies, whilst meeting or exceeding appointment targets set by the Sales Manager.
3. Outreach strategies should target communications with key decision makers of the prospective company with the view of qualifying the client in relation to products and services.
4. Qualified clients that meet a predetermined checklist or requirements are to be forwarded to identified Account Executives based on the discretion of the Sales Manager.
5. Document the result of each communication, update the database and type clear and concise notes after each contact is made with a company.
6. Attend and actively participate in team and company meetings.
7. Perform all other reasonable duties as requested by management.
8. Act as an Ambassador for the Sales Team, and conduct work duties in a professional manner.
9. Participate in developing new sales strategies to increase market share within assigned territory.
10. Keep up-to-date with latest industry knowledge and trends
11. Develop and maintain a strong presence and level of business development with referrals
12. Analyze business opportunities and create plans to maintain continuity, growth and attainment of sales objectives by identifying, developing and maintaining.
1. University or College degree required
2. Previous outbound business-to-business marketing or sales experience.
3. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
4. Ability to navigate corporate structures to identify decision makers.
5. High degree of self-motivation and focus, combined with effective organizational and time management skills.
6. Professional approach to prospective clients coupled with active listening skills and an inquisitive nature.
7. The ability to work as a team player towards a specific sales goal.
8. Well versed in the usage of Microsoft Office suite products.
HOW TO APPLY: Send resume including a cover letter via email.
Name of the Company: 0811492 BC Ltd./ O/O as Pizza Hut, 103-2100 Whatcom Road, Abbotsford, B.C V3G 2K8