Yellow Rose Farm Ltd. is a family run farm located in the rural area near Baldur, MB. Currently, we are farming approx. 6000 acres with approx. 300 cow/calf herds. For our farm, we are currently recruiting for Beef Cattle Farm Workers (NOC 8431) (2 vacancies).
Employment type: Permanent, full time (42h/week) (2 vacancies)
Work Location: Yellow Rose Farm, NE 12 4 14 W, Baldur, MB, R0K 0B0
Business Address: Yellow Rose Farm, Box 83, Baldur, MB, R0K 0B0
Salary/benefits: $14.00 per hour, 4% vacation pay
Position Summary: Reporting to the farm owner, the Beef Cattle Farm Worker will be expected to contribute to the growth of our farm.
- Feed and tend livestock
- Operate and maintain farm machinery and equipment
· Remove cattle with low stress techniques
- Detect disease and health problems in livestock
· Follow bio-security procedures
- Examine cattle for quality and prepare for market
- Clean stables, barns, barnyards and pens.
· Assist with shipping, processing and other cattle duties
- Plant, fertilize, cultivate, spray, irrigate and harvest crops for feeding
· Operate, maintain and repair farm machinery and equipment
· Maintain, repair and clean buildings
· Maintain roads and farmyards (mowing, grading, trimming, spraying, plow snow, etc)
- Keep records as directed
- At least 1 year relevant hands on experience with beef cattle
- Have experience in the safe handling of livestock, including bulls
- Completion of an agricultural post-secondary education would be asset
- Ability to carry out maintenance and repairs on farm equipment is necessary
- Physical fitness to be able to lift up to 100lbs to feed the cattle
- Class 1 drivers licence would be an asset
- Due to the nature of the position, successful candidates may be required to be flexible with their hours of work
Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.