Blended NOC Position: NOC 7371 Crane Operator and NOC 7511 Transport Truck Driver
Start: As soon as possible
Employer operating name: Valley Transportation
Employer address (this is not work location): 369 Clarke Street, Clarksburg, ON N0H 1J0
Work (crane operation and driving) location:
- Majority of work will be in British Columbia.
- Minority of work will be in Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba, Yukon, and NWT.
- Will sometimes need to enter the United States.
Hours: 60 hours per week, per federal law. Overtime paid after 60 hours.
Annual salary increase of $0.50 per year of service
Safety bonus possible after probation and then reviewed every three months. Calculated on mileage for no complaints, incidents, or violations.
1. Vacation 4%
2. After 10 months of employment with us: Disability benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Vision care benefits.
3. Cell phone
4. Crane unit sleeper equipped but in case of a breakdown, then lodgings provided.
5. $45 per diem for meals
6. Relocation (belongings and own transportation) costs up to $5,000.
1. Able to execute duties in varying terrain, in rural and urban areas, including logging sites, docks, industrial plants, mines, construction sites, railway yards
2. Operate climbing crane, overhead crane, hydraulic or telescoping boom to load/unload logs and other materials
3. Perform minor maintenance, clean and lubricate cranes, as well as minor repairs before, during, and after operation, as needed.
4. The operator must complete a daily inspection of their unit and keep record copies of the paperwork
5. The operator is required to report maintenance issues found on his inspection prior to crane usage
6. The operator must be sure to operate the crane with safe work practices of the SOP Handbook
7. The operator must confirm to all Book 7, local traffic laws, applicable permits and National Safety Code during deliveries and travel
8. The operator must wear Personal Protective Equipment at all times while outside the cab
9. The operator must communicate with their regional office before 9 am every day and communicate as required by phone or other devices, such as computers.
10. If the operator feels unsafe at any time; he or she must contact their foreman.
11. All junior operators (less than 5 years experience) must comply with our requirement to mentored by a foreman for one year
12. All junior operators must pass internal second stage testing to advance
13. Must have own steel-toed safety boots and tools
14. Must have own cell phone for communication and safety purposes
15. Must complete probationary period without accident or incident in a tandem unit
16. Operate long-combination and straight body trucks that are more than 4500 kg and can transport logs and other materials over long distances
17. Operate truck over long and short distances
18. Plan trip logistics and comply with transportation documents and permits required in each jurisdiction in which executing duties
19. Safely secure and move logs and other cargo
20. Prepare bills of lading and maintain travel logs for cargo, service hours, distance and fuel
1. Secondary school completion.
2. Mobile crane operator certification for cranes up to eight tonnes.
3. Truck driver experience
4. Construction Safety Training System (CSTS) certificate
5. Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System (WHMIS) Certificate
6. H2S (Hydrogen Sulfide) Awareness Certificate
7. First Aid Certificate
1. At least two years of experience
2. Entrance evaluations completed upon review of resumes
3. Random drug and alcohol testing required because US and Canadian carrier
4. Valid passport (for travel to US)
5. Own ability to get to and from work
6. No criminal record
7. Must be eligible to travel to and execute duties in Canada and the US
1. Class 1 valid driver's license and air brake endorsement
2. Criminal record check
Skills & Ability:
1. Work under pressure
2. Manual dexterity
3. Hand-eye coordination
4. Willing to travel
5. Ability to carry out all duties.
Working conditions: combination of standing, walking, sitting, bending, crouching, kneeling. Noisy at times. Must be able to lift at least 50 kg. Work in varying terrain in rural and urban areas.
Application methods: apply to the attention of Sean by
1. phone 519-599-3830
2. by replying to this ad
3. fax 519-599-6784