Alarm and Medical Alert System Technician
Bedford Security Systems Inc. - Toronto, ON
$25 an hour
Position Title: Alarm and Medical Alert System Technician
Number of Vacancies: 1
- Perform troubleshooting and system optimization, for all clients, with Bedford’s Business Analysis and Workflow Management Software;
- Provide second level troubleshooting and issue resolution for all Bedford Security Alarm System, Life Safety Monitoring System, Medical Alert System and IP Video Surveillance System clients;
- Maintaining up-to-date logs and records in Bedford’s Client Relationship Management System;
- Documenting network, hardware, and programming-related issue resolution according to Bedford’s Security System Standard Operating Procedures;
- Programming medical and security processors and control panels remotely and on-site according to Bedford’s standard practices;
- Installing and maintaining security alarm systems, IP Network Systems, integrated IP surveillance systems, environmental monitoring systems, life safety systems, medical alert systems, and access control systems for Bedford Security Systems Inc.;
- Performing regular software, hardware, and client support maintenance (preventative) on network devices, hard-drives, sold state memory systems, connectivity and porting verification, router configuration, device connectivity and reporting verification, device supervisory checks, backup power supply maintenance and other regular support services;
- Performing error and exception based analysis on signals telephony, GSM-4, IP and GPS systems;
Terms of Employment: Full-time and permanent (44 hours per week).
Vacation Policy: Two weeks paid vacation benefit.
Wage: $25.00 per hour.
Requirement: Driving Record Check (abstract)
Education Requirements: Completion of a one-year college program/course specifically in electronics AND on-the-job training.
Work Experience Requirements:
- A minimum of one year full-time or part-time experience as a Medical Alert & Security System Technician, with additional IP Network Technician experience considered an asset;
- Experience in programming, specifically with processors and control panels;
- Experience working on software applications;
- Ability to implement, maintain, troubleshoot, repair and update different systems including security alarm, IP surveillance, medical alert, environmental monitoring and life safety systems; and
- Provide preventative client support maintenance, error and exception based analysis, and system optimization in all services provided by Bedford Security Systems Inc.
Start Date: As soon as possible.
Location of Work: Various locations – dependent on client needs.
Mailing Address: 2 Bloor Street West, Suite 700,
M4W 3E2, Canada
How to Apply/Contact Information:
Please email your resume to: email@example.com
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $25.00 /hour