TRIUMF is Canada's particle accelerator centre, and one of the world's leading laboratories for particle and nuclear physics and accelerator-based science. We are an international centre for discovery and innovation, advancing fundamental, applied, and interdisciplinary research for science, medicine, and business.
At TRIUMF, we’re passionate about accelerating discovery and innovation to improve lives and build a better world. Equity, diversity, and inclusion are integral to excellence and enhance our ability to create knowledge and opportunity for all. Together, we are committed to building an inclusive culture that encourages, supports, and celebrates the voices of our employees, students, partners, and the people and communities we serve.
We are currently in need of an Accountant to join TRIUMF for a one-year term. In this role you will provide a whole range of accounting services including financial planning, analysis, management and reporting on TRIUMF operating and grant funds. You will perform various financial tasks from managing internal controls, conducting training sessions with finance and non-finance staff, to drafting process documentation. Your other responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Ensuring timely reconciliation of financial accounts and working with various stakeholders to resolve outstanding issues
- Preparing financial statements and forecasts to support business decisions
- Planning, implementing and overseeing cash management activities
- Developing, analyzing and maintaining costings of TRIUMF resources, production processes and key cost drivers
- Preparing audit working papers and compliance statements.
- Leading and providing financial information to collaborative grant and project meetings
- Supporting the development and implementation of TRIUMF’s Enterprise Resource Planning System
As our ideal candidate, you have an exceptional ability to build relationships and partnerships and possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills. You are also able to work effectively both independently and as a member of a high-performing team. Your other qualifications include:
- Expert knowledge of GAAP, and good knowledge of commodity taxation rules, public expenditure policies and general administrative processes.
- Ability to simultaneously manage a diverse range of complex projects and activities
- Demonstrated ability to use computer programs including the MS Office suite, and familiarity with ERP systems.
- Undergraduate degree in accounting, business administration or relevant discipline
- A minimum of 7 years of progressive accounting experience, preferably in the not-for-profit or public sector
While not required, knowledge of Canadian charity law and research grant administration, and experience with Unit 4 Agresso would be considered a definite asset to your application.
Applicants must be legally able to work in Canada for the duration of the term.
TRIUMF is located on the south campus of the University of British Columbia, in the heart of Pacific Spirit Park in Vancouver, BC. We offer a competitive total compensation package, including comprehensive benefits, attractive salary, and an excellent opportunity to enhance your career portfolio in a high-profile national research facility.
Learn more about how the amazing research and work we do at TRIUMF impacts humanity https://www.rarestdrug.com/
TRIUMF is an equal opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from all qualified candidates. Your complete application package should be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and will include the following in one complete PDF file:
- Subject line: 780
- Employment Application Form
- Cover letter indicating salary expectations
Application closing date: May 28, 2020
It is important to note that due to operation necessity, TRIUMF will as needed, make hiring decisions that could pre-empt the application closing date. Accordingly, we suggest candidates submit expressions of interest in a timely fashion.