Pastry Cook (NOC 6322 – Cooks)
- GREAT EVENTS CATERING INC., Calgary, AB
Vacancies: 3 Job start date: As soon as possible
Wage: $15.00 to $17.00 / Hour
Overview: The Pastry Cooks responsibilities include preparing quality pastry and bakery items such as breakfast items, desserts, breads, ice creams, sorbets, creams, simple syrups, amenities, displays/centerpieces and special request items
Hours: 32 to 40 Hours / Week
Medical benefits, Dental benefits, Group insurance benefits, Work place meals for $3, also employees will receive 40% discount and accompany family members and friends will receive 20% off on regular priced meals when dining in other Restaurants of the Group
Terms of employment
Permanent, Full time, Early morning, Morning, Day, Evening, Shift, Weekend, Night
Job location: 18011 Spruce Meadows way SW, Calgary, Alberta, T2X4B7
Personal Suitability: Flexibility, Organized, Team player, Judgement, Dependability, Reliability, Initiative
1. Maintain complete knowledge of correct maintenance and use of equipment; use equipment and tools only as intended, properly and safely.
2. Maintain inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment and monitor and order supplies
3. Maintain and strictly abide by state sanitation/health regulations and hotel requirements.
4. Meet with the Executive Chef to review assignments, anticipated business levels, changes and other information pertinent to the job performance, and assist with planning menus.
5. Complete Opening Duties:
a. Inspect the cleanliness and working conditions of all tools, equipment and supplies
b. Check production schedule and par.
c. Establish priority items for the day.
d. Inform the Executive Chef of any supplies that need to be requisitioned.
6. Prepare all menu items following recipes and yield guides, according to departmental standards.
7. Inform the Executive Chef of any foreseeable shortages before items run out.
8. Inform the Food & Beverage service staff of not available items and the amount of available menu specials throughout the meal period.
9. Maintain proper storage procedures as specified by Health Department and hotel requirements.
10. Minimize waste and maintain controls to attain forecasted food cost and estimate food requirements and costs & determine size of food portions
11. Clean kitchen and work areas
12. Prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or intolerances
13. Organize and manage buffets and banquets;
14. Train junior staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
To perform this job successfully an individual must be able to perform each essential duty to a satisfactory standard. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Work Setting: Restaurant, Catering firm Languages: English
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.): Food Safety Certificate is an asset. Can be obtained within 2 weeks after starting the employment
Education: Secondary (high) school graduation certificate or equivalent vocational training certificate or equivalent experience; certification of culinary training or apprenticeship preferred.
Experience: Should have a minimum of 1-2 years of experience as Pastry/ Bakery Cook in hotels with similar style and standards
How to apply
By telephone: 403-256-7150 ; from 10:30 to 16:00
By fax: 403-254-8147
By email: email@example.com