Looking for an experienced Middle Eastern Cuisine Cook!
Angela’s Deli specializes in Middle Eastern Cuisine and uses only high-quality ingredients to create and deliver a unique take on Middle Eastern Cuisine. Our proud family tradition of recipes continues to this day and is the centerpiece of a flavourful menu. With Angela’s Deli products, you know you are getting the best taste in the market without breaking the bank.
At this time, we are looking at hiring an experienced Cook specializing in Middle Eastern Cuisine to join our kitchen team for a full-time, permanent position.
Duties of position include:
· Planning menu in accordance with consumer tastes as well as raw ingredient prices,
· Overlooking and directing general food preparation in the kitchen,
· Estimating food requirements and maintaining food inventory for upcoming week (ensure deliveries are completed to satisfaction),
· Ensuring the kitchen is fully prepped for service (e.g. cutting ingredients, preparing sauces, marinating, etc.)
· Designing and preparing authentic full-course Middle Eastern dishes using superior culinary expertise
· Instructing and leading cooks and kitchen helpers in garnishing and presenting dishes,
· Training cooks on new cooking techniques specific to certain dishes (e.g. searing, breading, whisking, etc.) and ensuring all culinary basics are followed,
· Maintaining safe, secure and healthy work environment by enforcing and following standards and procedures,
· Estimate food requirements as well as food and labour costs,
· Determining size of portions to ensure consistency on dining tables,
· Discussing/advising guests in regards to their special occasion banquet menu (Sunday wedding, birthday parties, anniversaries)
Pay for this position ranges between $16.00 to $18.00 per hour depending on amount of experience and type of education. Regular work week will consist of minimum 40 hours of work per week and can occasionally go up to 45 hours per week with special events (applicable overtime pay will apply after 44 hours of work per week). Be ready to work shifts consisting of mornings, afternoons and evenings.
Requirements of position:
· At least 1 year of experience as a Cook specializing in Middle Eastern Cuisine is a must,
· Must be able to speak English fluently to communicate with other staff members,
· Completion of secondary school is a must,
· Culinary/Cooking trade certification/diplomas are assets,
· Safe Food handling certificates, WHMIS and CPR certifications are assets,
· Must be able to demonstrate culinary abilities upon first interview, if requested.
Please visit: www.angelasdeli.com. Angela’s Deli is located at 1470 Centre St. Thornhill, Ontario, Mondays – Fridays from 9:00 to 9:00 PM, Saturdays from 9:00 AM to 7:00 PM, and Sundays from 9:00am - 6:00pm.
How to apply: Please apply with your resume through email: firstname.lastname@example.org or mail your resumes to our business location address (as above). Candidates suitable for position will be contacted for an in-person interview. Please do not contact the employer directly.
Thank you for your interest in this position.